Romantic restaurants in York
York is the perfect location for a romantic weekend away. There are plenty of small, intimate restaurants for that loved-up meal out. Whatever your taste, there’s a huge choice of excellent eateries suitable for a romantic night out. I’ve picked my favour
York is the perfect location for a romantic weekend away. There are plenty of small, intimate restaurants for that loved-up meal out. Whatever your taste, there’s a huge choice of excellent eateries suitable for a romantic night out. I’ve picked my top 5 favourite for you.
1. If you are looking to push the boat out and fancy a Michelin starred eating experience – and it really is a worth stretching your budget to sample the food here – then head out of York to The Black Swan at Oldstead. The food is excellent and the accommodation is luxurious and romantic.
If you would like to eat at The Black Swan but prefer to stay in more moderately priced accommodation there are lots of lovely cottages near The Black Swan at Oldstead.
If you want the luxury of a hotel rather than a self catering option there are also lots of hotels near the Black Swan at Oldstead ranging from boutique to perfectly comfortable.
2. Grays Court is another romantic restaurant in a fairy-tale setting that also offers rooms. Tucked away in a quiet courtyard but only a stones throw from the Minster and the wonderfully quaint cobbled street of Stonegate Grays Court is the perfect location if your like your romance with a touch of history. The food is amazing and although I have not been lucky enough to stay in one of the gorgeous rooms I’m sure I wouldn’t be disappointed. Take a look at the rooms and availability at Grays Court.
3. The dining room at Meltons is a small and intimate with murals on the walls and dark wood furniture making you feel like you’re in a Parisian brasserie rather than somewhere off Bishopthorpe Road in York. The food is marvelous and the staff know their stuff.
4. Another small restaurant with a big reputation is Cafe No 8. A great menu with the emphasis on locally sourced food.
5. And finally, but by no means last on the list in terms of quality is The Blue Bicycle. Again, as with all of the restaurants in this list, the food is locally sourced where possible and the menu’s are designed to offer seasonal produce at it’s best. If you fancy staying in York, the Blue Rooms are owned by the Blue Bicycle and are perfect for a romantic break.